Amplify is the Economic Development Agency for the Taupo district, and is charged with growing the local economy.
Amplify is an independent charitable trust and are governed by a Board of seven trustees. There are currently two vacancies and an appointment Panel has been formed to undertake the recruitment process.
Amplify invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals. Using a skills and competencies matrix, Amplify has identified the ideal mix of strengths, experience and attributes they are seeking in the appointment round, namely
- Strong commercial and financial experience with relevant business experience as owner or Senior Leader
- The Board has a commitment to be representative of the Taupo community, and therefore we aspire to have representation from both genders from different age brackets and include a mix of ethnic groups, including Maori.
- Governance experience, including strong analytical, critical reasoning and problem-solving skills, strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills and experience in the local government and / or not for profit sector
- At this time a we are looking for people who have a mix of an understanding of the critical elements of Regional Economic Development and a willingness to research economic development best practice internationally, a strategic thinking background and a strong understanding of the primary sector.
- The Appointment Panel is seeking someone who is interested in taking on the Board Chair role in the future.
Trustees share responsibility with the Chair and other Trustees for the governance of the organisation and the conduct of Board affairs in accordance with the Trust Deed and Code of Conduct.
The capacity to commit a reasonable amount of time and energy is assumed to be a given for people looking to secure a place on the Amplify Board, with Trustees receiving a modest monthly stipend.
An application pack is available by emailing email@example.com
Applications close on 4 September 2022
To apply in strict confidence, email your cover letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org