Quality Control Coordinator
Miraka is a commercially successful Maori business. We are a fast-moving and innovative dairy company making a mark on the world. Our vision of 'nurturing our world', reflects a global outlook and is founded on a strong set of values that will ensure sustained prosperity for present and future generations. Leading by example we strive to be World Class in every aspect of our business processes. Our values of Excellence, Kaitiakitanga, Tikanga, Integrity and Innovation guide our business decisions and underpin the interconnected relationships we have with each other and with the natural world.
Our sustainable and renewable geothermal energy manufacturing processes is a unique point of difference for us. Allowing us to produce quality milk powder and UHT products with a low carbon footprint, which we deliver to a worldwide market. We have an intergenerational view of business – we’re here for the long term and have a shared vision of sustainable business practices. Miraka is now well established to deliver a new and exciting range of nutritional products as we continue our journey of expansion.
To support our next stage of growth, we’re looking for a Quality Control Coordinator to oversee the company’s quality controls and implement continuous quality improvement strategies across our site. This is a senior position in our high performing team and reporting to the Technical & Quality Manager. Based at Mokai, 30 minutes northwest of Taupo.
As a Quality Control Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for:
• Maintaining current quality controls
• Continuous quality improvement strategies
• Managing and maintaining plant documentation and quality control testing programs
• Overseeing our site pest management program
• Managing quality control testing programs
• Conducting plant inspections, quality checks and audits
• Leading fault investigations and participating in resolution activities
We want to hear from you if you:
• Have at least 5-8 years’ experience in a previous quality control role
• Have a relevant technical, dairy or science tertiary qualification
• Have previous experience in a food manufacturing environment (dairy industry would be desirable)
• Have knowledge and understanding of OSH and performance improvement
• Are willing to be support the adoption of OSH, manufacturing, quality control and cost control disciplines
• Willing to participate in the review and implementation of compliance and efficiencies
• Have a positive ‘can do’ attitude
• Have clear and accurate communication through good production and quality log keeping
• Have good time keeping skills and are self-motivated
• Are an adaptable, flexible, and supportive team player
• Maintain strong relationships with staff
• Are willing to contribute to the wider Miraka team, display the Miraka values and embrace our unique culture and point of difference.
Miraka is a growing company with an exciting future. Our most valued asset is our staff and extended whanau and we are committed to providing staff every opportunity to grow their potential.
If this sounds like you, apply today!
For the full job description and to apply, please visit our website
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit and a Full Drivers Licence.
Applications close: Friday 30 November 2018
Nau mai, haere mai