Electrical / Mechanical Field Service Technician
Irrigation Electrical/Mechanical Technician
Channeling water for arid land during long, hot summers. Stopping a frost from ruining a season's crop. Turning dirty water into crystal clear drinking water.
This is what our people, and their wisdom, can achieve, and that's what makes them WaterForce's greatest asset.
Across New Zealand, our team is working to get water right where it needs to be to make our land more productive and sustainable for tomorrow.
They're exceptional, and we should know; we hand-picked and trained them ourselves. Our investment in them, and industry leading technology means we're fully equipped to help farmers, growers, businesses, and even the green thumbed gardener.
We have a full time position, based in our Taupo operation. The role will primarily focus on working with our agricultural customers.
• On-site technical problem solving
• Identification of maintenance works
• General service work
• Irrigation system commissioning
• Understanding pumps and pump electrical controls, irrigation components, and their operation and maintenance
• Available for call outs
The ideal applicant will have the following:
• Honest and hardworking
• Well organized, practical and methodical
• Have excellent people skills with the ability to communicate on all levels
• Able to work unsupervised, as well as with a team
• Ability to get the job done (able to work extra hours when necessary). A team player with a friendly, can do attitude.
• Experience and understanding of electrical control circuits (analogue and digital)
• Good mechanical aptitude
Clean New Zealand drivers license
• Experienced in irrigation and pump installations preferred, but not essential
The position provides variation, flexibility and the opportunity to work within a company with great people and progressive customers.
Applicants will have a current electrical working license, whether it is an EST, or full electrician license.
Industry training as required will be provided to assist the successful applicant with this position.
If you have a high level of personal and professional integrity, then we would like to hear from you.
Please send a copy of your resume to:
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.