Ruapehu Alpine Lifts
This is a unique opportunity to work in the UNESCO Dual World Heritage Tongariro National Park with Ruapehu Alpine Lifts. RAL operates both Whakapapa and Turoa Ski Areas and we are currently on the look out for a trade qualified Diesel Mechanic to join our Whakapapa Maintenance team.
Working at Mt Ruapehu, you'll be surrounded by like-minded people who are flexible, willing to have a crack where needed, work hard and then ski/ride even harder!
Everyone here shares a passion for the mountain and the surrounding region because of the endless possibilities for adventure. Whether it's because you love nature, the truly unique world heritage area, or the obvious draw card of skiing/riding the volcano, there are opportunities for real fun at every turn.
THE DAY TO DAY
Just like the seasons change so does our business, and the day to day of this role means that you need to be flexible and adaptable to not only the changing weather but the changing business needs. Your key role will be to maintain the Ski Area vehicle fleet to a high standard in accordance with legislation and best industry practice.
* Carry out vehicle maintenance and repairs
* Reporting any defects or repairs to vehicles
* Coordinating WOF's and other mandatory checks
* Completing administration tasks related to specific jobs and vehicles
* Assisting with planning of work and ensuring all vehicles meet standards
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
This is a hands-on role where you'll work within the maintenance team to keep the operations running smoothly. You'll bring with you:
* Diesel mechanic trade qualification or equivalent
* Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to plan your workload
* Experience in other trade areas or working with a range of vehicles is advantageous
* Excellent customer service skills
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
* A valid and full NZ licence is also required
As part of the Maintenance team, you will also need to share a set of values that helps make us who we are. So if you: have a commitment to driving excellence; are prepared to have a crack and think outside the box; are happily immersed in an environment where you've got each other's backs; and you love the customer - we'd love to hear what you can bring to the team.