The Administrator will
be an effective member of the organisations support team ensuring the administrative and business support functions are provided across the organisation,
generate necessary documentation and assist all staff to meet their respective goals by supporting their individual administrative requirements.
Standard Attributes, Knowledge and Skill
Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving: Ability to both identify problems and use
information to resolve them.
Communication: Ability to clearly convey thoughts, both verbally and in writing, and to listen to and understands others.
Confidentiality: Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality in line with the Privacy Act (1993) and the Health Information Privacy Code (1994).
Continuous Improvement: Ability to understand and implement a continuous improvement process in respect of one’s own performance, and the organisation’s processes and services.
Cultural Appropriateness: Ability to provide culturally appropriate support to a wide range of clients. Knowledge and experience in Ngati Tuwharetoa Tikanga and Kawa is desirable.
Health and Safety: Ability to work responsibly under the Health & Safety at Work Act 2015
Relationship Development: Ability to build and sustain effective relationships both internally and externally.
Self-Management: Ability to work autonomously and flexibly to achieve the purpose of the position and the goals of the organisation.
Team Work: Ability to work with others to achieve goals.
Treaty of Waitangi: Knowledge of the principles of the Treaty and how these relate to the development of specific initiatives for Maori.
Current Full New Zealand Driver License is essential.
Position Specific Qualifications, Skills and Experience
No tertiary qualifications required but certificates and/or papers in Administration with a view to complete at least relevant Diploma level is preferable.
Current Full New Zealand Driver’s License is required
Knowledge, skill and experience:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good clerical, typing administration, support and problem solving skills
- A high level of computer literacy, especially with Microsoft Office
applications and internet
- Uses innovative/creative approaches to gain acceptance where a fresh perspective is required
- Business savvy with abilities and expertise in financial administration
- Experience with budget preparation and financial reporting
- Ability to develop and maintain a supportive environment consistent
with the needs of the service delivery aspirations of the organisation
- Able to manage several jobs at once and determine priorities
- Ability to take direction from a range of colleagues
- Experience in the management and monitoring of service specifications
for health providers or purchasers
Experience in managing a contractual relationship
- Experience using Xero
- Experience using enable HR and Datapay would be an advantage
- Experience using an electronic patient management system, in particular Indici, Care Call and Whanau Tahi would be an advantage.
Provide support for all staff and specific Operation team duties as assigned by the
Maintain the financial service centre for the organisation
Be responsive to administrative requests and support requirements
Make necessary bookings and maintain various appointment schedules to support the work of the organisation
Relieve Reception Officer of frontline reception duties in the Tūrangi Community Health Centre (meet & greet clients/visitors) periods of leave
Provide support for administrative, financial, human resource, quality and business needs of the organisation
Assist in developing ongoing tools, documentation, spreadsheets etc to assist all Management Process in THCT
Work with the Operations Manager to support the development and implementation of community focused health solutions where identified
For more information or to request a position description and employment application, email